sábado, 8 de mayo de 2010

Blood, horses, purebred dogs and Andalusians (racism on the facebook)

Blood is an important topic amongst purebred dogs, blood also seems to be an issue amongst my human facebook friends. I live in Andalusia, where a lot of people appear to think that only humans with andalusian blood in their veins are able to understand or perform the real Flamenco, the andalusian national music style. Andalusians are somehow more poetic than other humans, they like metaphorical expressions and often say that a "horse of art" runs inside their blood vessels. Well, my breed, though conventionally said to be cuban, has its origins in the Western Mediterranean i.e. Andalusia. But I am too small for a large full grown up horse in my circulatory system, I guess the veins of Havanese are home to just small ponies.

2 comentarios:

  1. ¡Hola, Principesa de la Habana! Tengo una duda: en esa imagen que ilustra la entrada, ¿el que aparece es uno de esos caballos andaluces que bailan sevillanas?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. No, Anna: se trata de uno de esos percherones alemanes que tiran de carros cargados de cerveza, lo que también tiene su arte.

    ResponderEliminar